The company is seeking a Data Engineer to join a team where you will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and oversight of frameworks for the effective management of information and data across the business. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up. Bring your in-depth knowledge of data best practices and a desire to work in a dynamic environment where you will have end-to-end ownership for developing, deploying and supporting your solutions.
- Interrogate and investigate the Data Warehouse to deliver an improved reporting & analysis toolkit, supporting strategic decision making across the broader organisation
- Collaborate with business in the development and support of the company’s data systems including data collection, data transformation and data warehousing solutions
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Participate in full lifecycle implementation from specification and design requirements analysis, architecture design to application design, development, testing and deployment
- Assemble large data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in enterprise wide data systems
- Championing the use of enterprise data management and governance frameworks for data and analytics
- Communicate longer-term needs with the IT team, including requirements for new data sources or automation of existing data sources & implementation of transformations into an ELT / ETL tool
- Ensure data integrity is achieved through process improvement and audit activities
- Support the wider team by providing coaching, development and provide technical system support
- Provide support to existing business systems and BI via the Service Desk where appropriate
- Solid commercial experience (3-5years minimum) as a Data Engineer (or similar) coupled with a tertiary education degree from a recognized institution in a relevant field (e.g., computer science, applied statistics or a related quantitative discipline) and enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment full of complex technical and business challenges
- Experience in data management, leading or participating in complex initiatives, and have a thorough understanding of reference and or master data practices
- Advanced working SQL/MySQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring
- Sound working familiarity with ELT tools Advanced Excel skills and experience in utilising multiple systems
- Experience with Git
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Working knowledge of Big Query and REST APIs
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Strong background working with leading BI Tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Power BI, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and associated platform
- Skills in Python and/or R Programming (beneficial)
- Experience working in structured project management environment such as AGILE, Kanban, PRINCE2 etc.
- Proven record of advanced working experience within the Microsoft Suite of products (particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
Deadline: 10 June 2022
For full job specifications, please email email@example.com
Respublica is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer